- Associate professor with the University of Phoenix
- Member of the Hamilton County Board of Commissioners, serving as the Commissioner for District 2
- Juris Doctor, University of Memphis (Memphis State) Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, May 1985
- Member of Law Review, Managing Editor 1984–85
- BS Public Administration, University of Tennessee, June 1982, Graduated with Highest Honors
- U.S. Navy 1972–1978. Radioman Second Class
- 1972–1974 NAF Sigonella Sicily
- 1974–1978 U.S.S. Sierra AD-18, Charleston, SC
- 1978–1980 U.S. Naval Reserve
- Member of the Georgia, Tennessee and Chattanooga bar associations
- Served as a member of the board of governors
- Served as secretary/treasurer, vice president and president in the Chattanooga Bar Association
- Licensed to practice law: Tennessee (1985) and Georgia (1986)
- Admitted to practice in Tennessee Supreme Court, Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals (6th circuit), U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, U.S. District Court for Middle District of Tennessee, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Rule 31 trained General Civil Mediation
- Rule 31 Family Mediation with Domestic Violence Training
- Better Business Bureau Auto-line trained arbitration
- Affiliate Broker, Tennessee Real Estate Commission (License)
- Salesperson, Georgia Real Estate Commission (License)
- Greater Chattanooga Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- HOPE for the Inner City – member of the Board of Directors (2023)
- Signal Mountain Christian Co-op – member of the Board of Directors (2017-present) of non-profit established to provide a classical Christian education to 6th, 7th, & 8th graders; currently serving as the Secretary (formed the non-profit corporation and obtained the 501 (c) tax exempt status).
- Walden’s Ridge Emergency Services – member of the Board of Directors of volunteer fire department.
- Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church – served several terms as an Elder and a Deacon
- Hamilton County Board of Commissioners, Commissioner District 2 – assumed office September 1, 2010 reelected in 2014 for a second four year term. Served as the Vice Chairman of the Commission twice and Chairman for one term.
- Signal Mountain Lions Club – member (Board of Directors), Membership Chairman, First Vice President, President, organizer for Shred Day Events, Chairman Zone 8 for District 12-0, participated in numerous service activities. District Governor for District 12-O 2021-2022.
- Allied Attorney – Alliance Defending Freedom
- Chattanooga United Football Club – Treasurer of non-profit company established to manage and promote youth competitive soccer in the Chattanooga / Hamilton County area. (formed the non-profit organization and obtained the 501 (c) tax exempt status)
- The Tent, Inc. – Member of the Board of nonprofit Christian Ministry established to promote reconciliation and healing between Christians of Israeli and Arab descent.
- Tennessee River Soccer Company – Secretary/Treasurer of non-profit company established to manage and maintain soccer complex in Chattanooga, TN (set up the non-profit corporation and procured the tax exempt status as a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization).
- Mountain Recreation League, Inc. – Served as the secretary of non-profit company established to manage and maintain a multi purpose park on Signal Mountain, TN (set up the non-profit corporation and procured the tax exempt status as a 501 ( c ) (3) charitable organization) The park includes soccer fields, baseball fields, softball fields, and hiking trails.
- Signal Mountain Soccer League – past member of the board of directors. Served as President of the league for a three-year period of time. Also served as the secretary and treasurer of the league.
- Signal Mountain Playhouse – member of the board of directors of community playhouse.
- Chattanooga Ballet – member of the board of directors of Chattanooga Ballet Company.
- Chattanooga Pony Club – served as a member of the board of directors and as treasurer for two years.
- Lay Renewal Ministry, St. Louis, Missouri – served on board of directors
- Inner City Ministries – served on board of directors
- Choose Chattanooga – served on board of directors
- Foster Care Review Board, Hamilton County Juvenile Court